SR - A Question Concern

CAB cab at spaustin.zilker.net
Tue Jun 23 14:49:58 PDT 1998

                      RE>>SR - A Question Concerni                 6/23/98

Aqualianne. I am going to cut a lot of your letter and address what you had to
say in general.

1)  You accuse me of making an "Unfounded emotional appeal." - I am emotional
about this.  I love being an Ansteorran.  Maybe you don't understand how I
feel because you aren't from Ansteorra.  When I graduated from College, I
started looking for a job, and I wouldn't even consider anything outside of TX
and OK because I won't leave Ansteorra.

2) You say the Populus supports the opinion.  - But how much of does the
populous know about this? The first I heard about it was yesterday when I
subscribed to this list.  Are you sure that "the populus" knows about this?
Is it possible that the people for the principality knew that you would be
discussing it at these meetings, so that came.  While the people opposing this
(like me) didn't know about the meetings?  So your votes are squewed???

Aqualianne said - Very nice drum beating (caps and all). Now how about giving
some consideration to populace desire? How about giving some credit to all the
individuals willing to do the work and coordinate the events and contribute
the time and the money to support projects aimed at better informing our
populace and nurturing our regional identity?

I have two comments in responce to this:
1) Last I checked, I was a paid member and therefore part of the populace. So
I think that my opinion counts just as much as anyone elses in this region and
from talking to some of the other people I know in this region yesterday, they
didn't know about this either and they are also against the principality.
2) Why can't you "do the work and coordinate the events and contribute the
time and the money to support projects aimed at better informing our populace
and nurturing our regional identity" as a REGION?  Why do you have to have a
principality to do this?

Crystal