SR - Re: so now we're thieves? ....

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Thu Jun 25 05:21:11 PDT 1998

I have been a paid member of the SCA since 1981 except for a few years when
I was not playing due to mundane reasons.  I became a paid member within a
few weeks of joining because I felt that If I was going to play this game I
should put my money where my mouth is.  Because I am a paid member I have
held many offices over the years and done my work to keep my local group and
my kingdom going.  I have been a paid member before, during, and after the
"Milipitas Meltdown". as you put it.  I didn't go away simply because
something I didn't like happened.  And I won't go away now.  My membership
supports my local shire's and my kingdom's membership rolls.  My membership
supports the SCA locally, at kingdom, nationally and internationally.   My
voice already counts in any say on Principality:  I will not simply become a
member to vote once and then go away again.  Whether you are for or against
the Principality, put YOUR money where your mouth is and KEEP it there.
If I have very strong concerns about this push towards principality and the
reasons for it. I will not roll up my carpet and go away quitly because the
pro-principality people do not want to listen to them.  And it seems to me,
from what I have read on this mailing list, that that is exactly what is
happening:  those that have concerns are being told to go away.

HL Darcy Evaline o Lasgwm
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Shire of Middleford

darcy at seacove.net

PS  It seems from the tag line you end your messages with that you prefer
"pack" or "mob" mentality to individual thinking.