SR -Up to speed

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 25 07:04:47 PDT 1998

and Pug said:
>Oh my gods!
>I voted even more than that.

It's ok. The votes from the pollings at these discussion meetings are just
a way of checking the pulse of opinion. Folks' opinions are going to change
from meeting to meeting, and the votes are just a casual thumb-measurement
of what folks are thinking.

Example: When a candidate is brought up in a peerage circle, the Crown
usually polls more than once. The same people might show up to several
circles and either vote the same or change their minds over time. The
*overall* consensus usually does change over time, for a variety of
reasons. That's the same sort of thing we're doing here.

Let me repeat the basic info that the only votes that will *officially*
count will be when/if a petition goes in and ballots are sent out by mail
to all paid members for a final vote.

Aquilanne