SR - peerage & elevations ...

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Thu Jun 25 09:01:00 PDT 1998

On 25 Mar 98, at 6:51, Michael J. Harkness wrote:

> To become a Knight in a Principality, a person must be polled "voted on"
> by the Knights in that Principality. Same goes for any Kingdom. Then the
> King would grant or not grant the elevation to Knighthood.   The King does
> this. The Prince cannot grant Knighthood.

so it follows that it is liikely that under a principality system, those responsible for the
process of elevation are most likely the ones that would know you best (which i
believe is exactly how the system was deigned to work?)... which in turn should lead to
a higher percentage of people deserving such elevation (in all the orders of peerage) to
achieve it, unlike now where many are simply *lost* in the process due to being unable
to travel constantly and become familiar to their "peers"

so it could well be argued that a principality would be a good thing for the health and
optimization of the peerage system and would improve the orders by bring more
deserved candidates into their ranks.

'wolf
.

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves