SR - Ps can't be fun!?! (was A Question Concerning Principal ity)

Zimmermann, Leonard zimmerml at kci1.com
Fri Jun 26 05:58:01 PDT 1998

Gilli wrote:

	[snip of discussion of motivations]----------

	If they would have just said "hey, lets form a principality
because it
	sounds like a neat thing to do and we want to."  I'd said cool.
But all
	thoses BS reasons that are as useful as a screen door on a
submarine just
	shot it dead in the ass.

	I respond:
	Actually, Gilli, if you run back through the archives of this
list you will find that one of the first arguments put forward as a
reason to have a Principality, often posited by Sir Conner, is that it
would be fun. All the other reasons are only attempts to persuade those
"on the fence" that there are also other possibilities for why a
Principality might be useful. However, just because other reasons are
espoused does not invalidate that we still think it would be fun! So now
you want to shoot it down because not only do we think it will be fun,
but we toss out a few extra reasons as well!??!!!???? Every where I look
it's damned if you do, damned if you don't! (Please note that Mistress
Meadbh, as I am sure others do as well, proclaim that wanting a P just
for fun does not fulfill a need and, therfore, is not a legitimate
reason for having one. All of these views are valid, IMHO, but please,
Gilli, why are you throwing this at us too?)

	I'm REALLY not understanding things, now!

	Honos Servio,
	Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
	Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio