SR - Insurance (was: A Question Concern)

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri Jun 26 19:49:42 PDT 1998

On 26 Jun 98, at 20:14, Jodi McMaster wrote:

> ...                                                                           is negligent and
> injures someone at an event, his/her homeowner's or renter's insurance
> would cover him/her.

not necessaily true in all cases, depends on the policy ... mine
(homeowners) covers personal property on and off premise, and injury
liability on home premise only ... my harley and truck insurance covers
liability only in vehicle realated instances ... if outside of these (ie: at event)
none of the insurance i carry covers liablity relay on basic caution,
responsibility, and commmon sense) .... with all the other premiums, can't
afford to carry anything else additional at present.

on the other hand, glad i did have replacement value insurance last year ...
lost 130 audio CD's, a 9mm pistol (due to age and rareity a collectors
item), a beatup leather jacket, and some books in a rip-off ... was 100%
reimbursed ($20 per CD ... only because i kept excellent records and had a
up to date inventory of what was taken that i included with the police report)

best protection for yourself .. make sure your personal health insurance is
up to date

suggestion for all SCA types ... inventory, record, appraise, photograph,
mark *all* arms & armour or anything else of special value  ... and if
necessary get special rider to cover your "stuff"

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves