SR - Insewerance (was Re: A Question Concern)

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Fri Jun 26 18:14:50 PDT 1998

Daniel wrote:

> Also, the insurance coveres non-SCA site owners and the corporation.
> If I understand it correctly, it does not cover J. Random SCAer,
> and I don't know (but don't believe) it covers autocrats and other
> SCA officers.

That's pretty standard for a CGL policy (the kind that covers
corporations and businesses).  If J. Random SCAer is negligent and
injures someone at an event, his/her homeowner's or renter's insurance
would cover him/her. If you don't have this type of insurance, you might
want to get it just to cover your "stuff," but if you don't have it, and
you have less than $40000 if you're single and $60,000 if you're married
in most types of assets (not just cash, stocks or bonds--if you want the
gory details, I'll send you the website if you email me privately--the
Texas Statutes website appears to be down right now), you probably won't
be sued.  One of the first rules of plaintiff's lawyers: *Never* sue
poor people. The corporation has to have the insurance because the same
rules don't apply to it. (No, I *don't* sell insurance.)

I'd like *authoritative* info if anyone has it --
> that is, someone close to the Corp. or who has seen the policy,

Good luck.  I've had trouble getting getting clients to give it to me
when it was paramount I have it.

AElfwyn