SR - Heraldry & Names

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Wed Jun 3 11:48:26 PDT 1998

> Then there's also the suggestion that was mentioned a while back, of
> having
> a lion's head erased, with a crown in chief.  If you guys would like,
> could draw up heraldry suggestions, scan them, convert them to jpegs,
> and
> Pug could put them up on our page so folks could see them. Could we do
> that, Pug, or am I overstepping some bounds?

	[Martin, Brian]
	Great idea about scanning the suggestions, Aqualanne. I'd love
to see that happen if we can do it.

> Isobel, and someone else, I believe, also mentioned Cour de Leon for a
> name. That one got shot down because it means Lionheart, as in Richard
> the.
>
> However, the name that I keep coming back to is Campoleon (meaning
> Lion
> Field). It rolls off the tongue most wonderfully, and appropriately
> addresses not only our savannah-like terrain <g>, but the fact that we
> are
> home to a most impressive pride of Lions. I like it lots. How about
> it,
> Daniel? How does Campoleon look for conflicts?
>
> Aquilanne
	[Martin, Brian]
	I'm also a big fan of the Campoleon name. We could also opt for
the Italian, which, I believe is Campleone. As for the southern region
being home to an impressive pride of lions, that is certainly true. Of
off the top of my head, I count a dozen Lions of Ansteorra from the
southern region. :-)
	-Pendaran