SR - Re: Reqs, Duties, & Powers (long)

Tim Lozos dentim at myriad.net
Fri Jun 5 10:02:33 PDT 1998

Greetings!

Daniel rewrote this phrase......

>    d. The Committee may reject suggestions on Naming,
>    Heraldry, Mottoes, etc.  when the suggestion is
>    unacceptable due to Non-Period form/style, Conflict, or
>    other major problems which would prevent registration
>    with the Laurel Sovereign at Arms. All other suggestions
>    shall be accepted and voted on by the general populace.

with......
>    d. The committee may reject a proposal only if there is
>    a consensus that the proposal violates real-world or
>    Society laws or rules, and if the committee feels that
>    lobbying for change is likely to be a waste of effort.
>
>This catches not only heraldic stuph, but also laws that
>violate Corpora, for example.

Excellent idea! I'll change that. That sound like a veto power but it really
isnt. I mean if I submitted a Device that had a swastika on it, it's not
gonna pass, so why should the Committee put it on the ballot? Same for a
principality law having Coronet tourney decided by rapier combat(not to open
a can 'o worms), it's against Corpora so it wouldnt pass.

>The point of all this is that I believe preference voting
>allows fewer rounds and more choices.  I'll try to post on
>preference voting next week.

Thats what I would like to see. Maybe 15 choices and everyone gets to pick
their top 3, then narrow to 5 and do over.

Timo