SR - Raven's Fort meeting

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Mon Jun 8 13:57:19 PDT 1998

Gail Taylor wrote:

> > In the "requirement" for being a committee member- Having 5 yrs of SCA
> > experience was brought up, along with mandatory email (which was shot down
> > pretty quick). 3yrs instead of 5 was also suggested.
>
> If this committee is being generated in response to particular needs, and a
> person would be chosen to be on it because of a particular talent, it seems to
> me that an SCA-age requirement is...errrrr...questionable.

I missed this comment until Isobel commented on it. I would have to back
out if this is a requirement; I have a little shy of a year's
experience. I'm interested because I'm on this newsgroup and find the
whole idea of creating a principality exciting; however, I have not
participated in the polls because I don't know that I have enough
experience to form a strong opinion.

As to newbies--there are things that anyone can do--like copying and
distributing pieces of paper, addressing and mailing--and things that
outside experience may qualify people to be of use.  I don't think
discouraging people who are interested in working is ever a good idea in
a volunteer organization--it's more a matter of finding appropriate
tasks for them to do.

AElfwyn