SR - Southern Regional Fighter Practice

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 22 12:59:18 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Yesterday we held a Southern Regional Fighter Practice in Shadowlands.
Fighters in attendance included citizens of Raven's Fort, Shadowlands,
Ffynnon Gath, Bryn Gwlad, Bjornsborg, Stargate, and Loch Soilleir.  We had
about twenty fighters in the melees and about a dozen in the prize tourney.

Many thanks to all who attended, especially

* the three knights who came up from the Coastal Region (Sir Rhodri, Sir
Alexis, and Sir Godwin).
* CenturionTimotheus for sponsoring the prize tourney
* the wonderful folks of Shadowlands for sponsoring this outing with so
little notice and for keeping the fighters well watered, and
* Brian Cameron who came up from Bryn Gwlad to work with the Shadowlands
fencers.

I'm tentatively planning the next Regional Practice for Sunday, July 19, in
Ffynnon Gath.  This is the weekend following Coronation.  This practice
date should provide us all an excellent opportunity for cross-pollenating
our skills in time for Queen's Champion (the following weekend) and King's
Champion/Warlord (two weeks later).

Chivalric fighters, plan on reviewing the basic combat commands.  Once we
have the commands down, we'll run a few battles.

The location is pleasant--located right beside the river.  After we've
fought our way to exhaustion, we can jump in the river to cool off (so
bring a towel).

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace