SR - A Question Concern

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Jun 23 23:12:38 PDT 1998

"Bob Dewart" <gilli at seacove.net> wrote:
> Someone has to pay to keep the lights on.  ... Personnally,  I can't
> think of a single reason for some one not to be a paid member.

Some reasons:
- Feeling that the corporation is not a wise user of money.
- Wanting to put money instead into more local groups.  The example of
  lights: Milpitas doesn't pay for lighting at our events.  Attendees
  do, or the branch, or the kingdom.
- Philosophically disliking the idea that a volunteer organization
  should have a "you *MUST* pay to play" requirement.
As to whether they're valid or not, you decide ... but there are
reasons why one might not be.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;