SR - A Question Concerni

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 24 10:41:42 PDT 1998

Meadhbh said:
>My reasons have been stated over and over.... as have your reasons to want
it. I
>just haven't heard anything compelling enough to do it. That again, is my
>opinion. And I do have a right to it!

Of course you do, and regardless of how much we agree or disagree on this
thing, I will defend your right to that opinion and the right to express
it. Never doubt that for a moment.

& Meadhbh said:
>Personally, my choice of house or restaurant doesn't have any bearing on 325_
>people in this region but a principality does.

It was just a set of metaphors meant to outline the fact that many times
the choices we make have to do with what we *want* as opposed to what we
*need.*

and Meadhbh said:
>Sorry, this is where i disagree. What I do for fun is one thing. To me, a
>principality comes about to fill a need

How about a need to respond to what people *want*?  Maybe if we were to
hold a poll of each and every person in the region today, we may or may not
have a majority in favor of a principality, but what if the majority *is*
in favor? What if a Principality is what the majority *want*? I don't know
if you've thought of it in these terms yet, but I see a need to explore
ideas and options and to explore what people *want.* This *is* a volunteer
organization where we spend our time and money and energy. There is,
absolutely, a need to consider what people *want.* Let's keep exploring and
keeping and open mind. My world is not going to fall apart if we putz
around with this for a few months or a year and hold a vote that comes back
"no." I doubt anyone else's world is going to fall apart if we do the same
thing and the vote comes back "yes." Let's explore options and see what's
possible and see what people would like to do, OK? This whole thing isn't
about what a handful of us want, it's about what the populace want.

Aquilanne