SR - A Question Concerning Principality

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Fri Jun 26 06:50:34 PDT 1998

	GIlli Sez:

> I have to disagree with you on keeping it to yourself.  You and your
> Lady
> are well respected (by others and me too) leaders in the Kingdom.  I
> don't
> know if you were in the military, but they say lead by example.  I
> will
> still have my opinins and they may or may not differ.  I think you
> should
> speak your mind on the matter, if for no other reason than I like to
> hear
> you talk.
	[Martin, Brian]

	Thank you, Gilli, for the kind words. Believe me, we still
opinions on the matter and if people want to know them what those
opinions are, we will be happy to tell them. My lady and I firmly
believe in open honesty. However, what we don't feel is proper behavior
for us is to go around campaigning for something like a principality.
People would then rightfully think that we were trying to use our
positions to sway others.

> If they would have just said "hey, lets form a principality because it
> sounds like a neat thing to do and we want to."  I'd said cool.  But
> all
> thoses BS reasons that are as useful as a screen door on a submarine
> just
> shot it dead in the ass.
>
> Gilli
	[Martin, Brian]

	Actually the "Hey let's do this because it sounds like fun"
reason is the primary reason that I've heard from most people in favor
of the principality.  Also, I want to become a hugely important person
in the SCA by winning coronet list after coronet list, thus dominating
all who come before me! ;)

	Penda-silly