SR - Motivation- long

Casey&Coni cjw at vvm.com
Fri Jun 26 10:06:52 PDT 1998

Okay, Daniel, you put forward that there is a difference and I accept that
there is- scale.  Other than that, there is very little difference.  The NBA
still purports a moral code (you can't bet on your own games, do drugs, play
while there is legal action against you, etc) so I fail to see how it is
unparallel.  Daniel, people get every bit as misty about 'the dream' in the
NBA as they do in the SCA.   If you doubt me, watch an 'NBA Greats' segment
on ESPN sometime... it's strange and foreign to me to see these older guys
reminisce about 'playing for the love of the game' but in a wierd sort of
way, I can relate.

The real question is, however, do you think that you should be disallowed a
position that you may be more than qualified for- perhaps even the best
herald for the job- simply because you have a desire to be a member of the
Order of the Puce Marmoset?

Actually, that's not the real issue either... for the real issue read the
last third of my original post.

Dieterich