SR - principality reasoning

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jun 27 22:52:03 PDT 1998

Daniel wrote:

>A challenge to anyone who wants to think about award and order names:
>consider common words, preferably just one-word names.

(Tho I wouldn't mind
>hearing of an honest Award of the Pizzle "for service under the
>Coronet".)

Mst. Elyramere very eloquently referred to it as "bringing the King to
attention." heehee

>But "Award / Order of the Heart" is open at present.  (It's clear of
>Namron's -- don't worry.)  No fanciful "Lion's Heart" or "Heart of the
>Field of Honor".  (Can we avoid saying "have a Heart"?)

The Barony of 1000 Eyes in Artemisa has an award called the Peacock's
Heart. Would any subsequent "Heart" names also have to be so modified?

>The Cushion.  The Pillow.

Make an award called the Ottoman that you can get more than once, like the
Thistle, and when you get enough of them, you get the title of Emperor. ;->
heeheeeeee Better yet--how about the order of the Family Credenza?!

>("Pillar"'s already taken, alas.)

Yep. Artemisia gives Pillars for service.

>The Helm.

How about Visor, Torse, Mantle (hmmm), Crest? I know, I know! The Cop!
Folks who don't receive it can grieve! (Sorry, sorry--nonononono, let's not
go there; I *really* am trying to behave ;-> )

>And they don't have to be Really Serious With Deep Meaning.  Think of
>"The Garter" -- one of the most honorable and exclusive orders of
>knighthood in history, and what is the thing itself?  The Bath is
>pretty old and honorable too -- but come on, *bath*?

Shower? ;->

For folks who get themselves in trouble alot--Order of the Jacuzzi?

One for abbrasive people--Order of the Exfolient?

How about one for brown-nosers--Taupe-on-a-Rope?

More towards traditional names--The Golden Floss?

heehee
Aquilanne