SR - principality borders

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 18 10:03:20 PST 1998

Conor wrote:
> I do see a potential problem, though a minor one with
>our principality sitting astride the artery between two of the
>largest Baronies in the Kingdom.  Raven's Fort is on I-45 between
>Stargate and Steppes.  My suggestion would be expansion south to
>Seawinds and La Marche Sauvage, rather than east away from I-35.

I've heard a couple similar comments to this, and I have to admit that I'm
downright stymied. How can having a principality include a section of a
freeway in *any* way cause any problem? Does anyone think it will no longer
be possible to drive on the section of I35 that might lie within a
Principality? Does anyone think that gas will somehow cost more along this
particular stretch of road just because it's within a Principality? Does
someone think that folks in Steppes won't go to events in Stargate if they
have to drive on a road that intersects a Principality? Somebody clue me in
on this, cause as it stands, this whole notion strike me as downright silly
(OK, throw things at me at this point if you like).  If *anything*, having
a major road running through a Principality might make for some interesting
event concepts revolving around ideas of tolls or trolls or highwaymen
problems or some other such neat silliness. Other than that--as
Tim-the-Toolman-Taylor says-- Hrrmmmmhh?

Aquilanne

Dory Grace--The Inkwell
denouncer of Tytyvylus & warrior crone
amazing at mail.utexas.edu