SR - Ivars question and poll results too

Casey&Coni cjw at vvm.com
Tue May 19 09:42:05 PDT 1998

Ivar asked...

>For about the last two or three weeks I have gotten nothing off of the
>Southern List. Did everyone go away or was it decided not to discuss the
>Principality issue any more.
>
>Please let me in on what is happening.
>
>Ivar

Essentially, Ivar, what everyone is doing is talking about it in their local
groups, having both formal and informal polls, deciding what they like about
it, and what they don't.  One of the biggest criticisms (and, IMO the
criticism with the most validity) is that it was talked about like
gangbusters on the net but not so much elsewhere... sort of an electronic
elitism was perceived.  In an effort to change that opinion, I, for one,
have taken my efforts back to my local group rather than spending my juices
here.

At Tempio's last populace (a public meeting that everyone in the shire knew
about regardless of e-capability or no) we took our first straw poll for
'the record'.  Yeah, yeah, we know it don't mean bunk until the actual
proposal poll rolls around but we took it just to let the rest of the world
know where we stand now.

Results:

Do you favor creating a principality centering on the Southern Region?

18 yea 0 nay 2 abstentions (brand new folks... first populace)

You wanna go ahead and add these to the principality poll results page, Pug?
The date of the poll was 10 May, 1998.  Smaller populace than we're usually
used to but there were folks eventing that Sunday and a wedding to boot so
you take what you can get.

Ivar, if I were you, I would make *sure* that somebody who accurately knew
my position were present at FG's event with the power to translate my points
accurately. I told Tempio that one of the criticisms that was noted about
their position was that there were only five of them at the P-meeting at
their own event... they have decided that that criticism will *not* be heard
again no matter what duties need to get done.  ("... honey, stir the stew,
hold the baby, and watch the gate... I gotta go get my two cents in...")
Tempio rides to Rattestoet en masse!!!  I encourage you guys down in SA to
do the same.  We'll start cool things and stomp rats til the cats come
home... woo hoo!

Ritter Dieterich