SR - Whitewater

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Oct 18 08:45:33 PDT 1998

Thomas and I had planned on going to the Bjornsborg event, but since we had
a mundane morning commitment, and wouldn't be leaving until the afternoon,
we opted not to go.  Last night we were visited by Mistress Rose and Master
Geof who were some of the people who had been stranded at the site.  They
told us what happened and how the hearty group stuck it out together.
While they were not the last people to leave, they said that it was a
pretty wild time.  They also described the car on the boulder and the Chili
Cook-Off that never was.

This casued me thought.  We as a unit (especially Bjornsborg) have enjoyed
using Whitewater for a number of events.  I, for one, think we might give
them a call and see if maybe we could help clean up or have a work week out
there.  It might be a nice gesture on ourpart especially since we will use
the site agaiin.  Even if they don;t need our help, they will remember that
we offered....

Clare St. John, who got on the list to read about the flood. (not a regular)

Please remember that Laurel's Prize tourney is only three weeks away!!!!!