SR - Principality law question

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 20 22:09:00 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Baron Kazimir says:
>Drachenwald used Tanist and Tanista.  It was ok, but a bit odd sounding
amidst
>all the other English titles.
>
>Just my humble opinion, but whatever we call the heirs, I'd sure like to
avoid
>all this royal family rigamarole where an heir is considered to "decend" from
>the current sovereign.., despite any genetic, geographic, or temporal
>inconsistencies.
>
>Maybe we could call the heir the "Leon" (french accent please!!!)  Or....,
maybe
>not. ;-)

Artemisia also used Tanist and Tanista for its heirs apparent.  I always
thought it sounded out of place.  While "Leon" sounds consistent with the
French practice of refering to its heir apparent as "Dauphin," I'm not
quite certain where that title originates.

Do we really need heirs apparent?  Do we really need the hassle of an
investiture?  What's wrong with investing the new Prince and Princess the
evening of Coronet List?

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver god-knows-whay-I've-misspelled-this-time Grace