SR - Principality law question

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Oct 21 04:59:26 PDT 1998

Dennis and Dory Grace (amazing at mail.utexas.edu) said something that sounded like:
> Do we really need heirs apparent?  Do we really need the hassle of an
> investiture?  What's wrong with investing the new Prince and Princess the
> evening of Coronet List?

In my opinion it is a good idea. Although they will have the previous
Prince/ess to draw upon for knowledge, there will be those people who
didn't really think they would win so never paid attention to what
their actual duties are, didn't really know what they were getting into,
etc.

While we will have those who know how to behave and what their duties
are, others will need to be trained. If others do not need to be trained
because it's the same people over and over again, we chose too small of
a region to start as a principality.

Or something along those lines this early in the morning.

Ciao,