SR - Principality law question

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 16 08:01:29 PDT 1998

While we would most definitely want the Crown to invest the first Prince,
once invested, the Prince acts as an agent of the Crown. That makes it
perfectly acceptable for the outgoing Prince--as a representative of the
Crown--to invest the incoming Prince. That allows for an unbroken chain of
Crown-representation. Fealty to the Crown need only be written into the
investiture ceremony. This way we don't impose schedules on the Crown, and
if the Crown *can* make it to an investiture, their participation is
already provided for. Clean, neat, no room for anyone to be unhappy.

Aquilanne