SR - Principality law question

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Oct 16 05:46:09 PDT 1998

Brent & Susan Rachel (hbrache at texas.net) said something that sounded like:
> The proposed laws currently would establish a system in which each
> outgoing Coronet would invest the incoming one.  The investing would
> officially end one reign and begin the next.

Good Morning,

  I've already read the other responses. I would have to say the
  following issues:

  1) Requiring the Crown is unfair to the Crown. This added burden,
     given the likelihood of 2 or more Principalities within the Kingdom
     at some point would start mandating their schedule for them. As well,
     this causes calendar conflicts for them since the Principality and
     Kingdom would not be doing conflict checking, which is one of the
     benefits we are supposedly looking for.

  2) Having the Crown present ensures our ties to the Kingdom. It is
     important to remember that we are Ansteorra even as a Principality
     or Region.

  3) I don't know if 30 days is long enough or not to arrange for
     swearing fealty. It seems to me that it should be, but I am not,
     nor do I plan, on being a Crown or Coronet. I would assume that
     either the Crown or the Coronet would make sure it happened though.

  My proposal is to word it similar to:

----
The [Heirs of Principality] shall be duly Invested by the Crown, or by
their Predecessors if the Crown is not present, in the months of ***
and ***. If the Crown is not present the newly Coronet shall at the
earliest possible occasion swear their fealty to the Crown.
----

  This allows for the Crown to do it if they are able to make it, but
  still guarantees that the Coronet will swear fealty to the Crown.

In Service,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "I know that I will never be politically correct
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette