SR - Principality law question -Reply

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Wed Oct 21 15:40:19 PDT 1998

Norman White wrote:

> Jin Liu Ch'ang here,
>
> I have been reading the discussions over investing the prince and princess for the proposed principality.  The arguments have been:
> To which Lyonel responded:
> >Sounds good in theory.  In practice, all I remember the Tanists and Tanistas of Artemisia spending time on was preparing for investiture--selecting a site, arranging entourage, making new garb, etc.  <
>
> It has been unusual in these discussions for me to agree with Lyonel but I do here.  If the person who wins the list has not been planning on it, he will probably spend his time finding people to make him new garb, etc.  If (s)he was the type of person who would enter so important a list without thinking about the responsibilities involved should (s)he win it, (s)he probably would not listen to the advise of those more knowledgeable once in the
> office but would instead be only using the time to do things having only to do with appearance rather than actual substance.

Personally, I don't see why one would not listen to the advise of others because they didn't expect to win a tournament.  Many people enter a tourney in hopes of winning, granted there are those that have better odds than others. Someone who  might not have the best odds, might be prepared to give his or her best fight but not be prepared to win.

Meadhbh

> Jin Liu Ch'ang
> a.k.a. Norman White
> gn-white at tamu.edu