SR - titles, awards, and such ....

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Tue Jan 19 21:20:16 PST 1999

On 19 Jan 99, at 18:02, Bob Dewart wrote:

> Are you refered to as mi'lord Wolf, or perhaps a higher rank?  If so why?

just 'wolf will do ... honorifics have never fit well me .. sorta like that old
coat that never fit right and increasingly restricts ones movements.  to my
mind, titles and such often restrict in the same ways, one day you notice that
you've grown a bit more (like the gym does to the physical vehicle) and they
don't fit, but you're stuck with them.

it's a old phiolosophical debate my crew runs over time and time again ....
with the general consensus that the enjoyment quotient is higher the fewer
*mainsteam* names, titles, awards that one holds. (see: Zen and the art of
SCAdia)

lessons learned ... if they want to give you something, run away ... very fast.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves