SR - Let's Get Things Moving

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Mon Mar 1 07:15:00 PST 1999

	Greetings All,

	Okay, so we've got a lot of ideas flying around and good discussion
going, I think that we need to assess the facts and move forward with the
southern champions idea. To that end, I have a couple of questions:

	1.) Do we in fact have serious volunteers to serve as steward of the
event?
		(Ivar and Isobel please answer yea or nay.)

	2.) Assuming that the answer to the question above is yes, when can
the steward(s) begin the process of
		putting the event together? (getting a date, finding a site,
building an event staff, etc.) I know 			that the answer to
that question is "after Lyonesse" but can we get a better idea than that?

	3.) We have two volunteers to run the tournaments (Piet the light
and myself the heavy); are those 			volunteers
acceptable?

	4.) Is there anything else that we need to determine in order to get
things moving?

	I'm not trying to rush things or push anyone, but I am a firm
believer in action. If all we do is talk about it, it won't happen. I think
that we have the potential to put together an amazing event, and realizing
the huge amount of work that goes into the planning, I think that we need to
get started sooner than later.

	Pendaran