SR - Let's Get Things Moving

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Fri Mar 5 05:44:32 PST 1999

Charles MacKinnon wrote:
> And I still think we should call our regional champions "Wardens".

I missed that one.  Ooo-er, it's a good idea!  "War-lord" in
English is first cited to 1856 by the OED.  "Wardens" were medieval
officials in northern England (and Wales too?), responsible for
defence of the Scots border (Welsh border / area?).

I might also suggest "Marshal" or "Constable", but the former has
SCA connotations and the latter real-world ones.  "Warden" ...
an excellent choice.  Many thanks, Charles!

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.