SR - Re: ANST - Tournament of the Worthies

ldcharls@swbell.net ldcharls at swbell.net
Wed Mar 24 10:29:38 PST 1999

Brent & Susan Rachel wrote:
> If you looked at the archives, you should also have seen that my suggestion of
> using titles LIKE those from the "9 Worthies" went over like a lead balloon.  I
> posted the suggestion due to my irritation at the squabbling over warden -vs-
> champion -vs- insert your choice here, to be used for the *heavy champion* of an
> event originally espoused to selected a range of champions in the various
> disciplines...., one to be regarded no higher than the other.

  Excellency, may I point out that my original suggestion was NOT to use
'Warden' as the title for the heavy champion only. I was suggesting it's
use for all of our champions, and I think it would be beneficial to our
Region to have -all- our champions be involved in the war preparations
in our Region. Consider that each of the disciplines that were proposed
to have a champion directly affects a War Point at Gulf War. Who better
than those who we recognize as being among the best our Region has to
offer should be able to enhance our Region's preparations for the War.

Ld Charles MacKinnon
Bryn Gwlad