SR - Let's Get Things Moving

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Mon Mar 1 10:55:55 PST 1999

Radegund stated:

Just a reminder than Isobel and Ivar really need to bring this up to their
barony, most of whom are not online, before these questions can accurately
be
answered.  It could be the March meeting or possibly the April meeting.  As
you
mentioned, this month is a little bit packed, with Lyonesse and Gulf War.  I
am
not implying that Bjornsborg as a whole would or would not support this
event.
I think it sounds neat.  However, if the group is going to be intimately
involved with an event, we need to be consulted as a whole before being
commited
to the event.

Everyone, please remember to allow time for off-line discussion.Thanks,
Radegund.

I agree that we need to discuss things off line as well. I do want to point
out, however, that this is not just a Bjornsborg thing. While I'm certain
that if Ivar and/or Isobel agree to steward the event, they can and will
draw from across the region for work and support for the event. That, of
course, leads to the question of which group(s) puts up the money for the
event, which would obviously call for a vote of the populace. So I'm asking;
should we try to pull money from various groups (and split up any profits)
or have a single group pay for the event? I know which one of those choices
sounds easier, but I'm not sure which, if either, is the better answer.
Suggestions? Comments?

Pendaran