SR - Let's Get Things Moving

ldcharls at swbell.net ldcharls at swbell.net
Mon Mar 1 08:54:04 PST 1999

Martin, Brian wrote:

> I agree that we need to discuss things off line as well. I do want to point
> out, however, that this is not just a Bjornsborg thing. While I'm certain
> that if Ivar and/or Isobel agree to steward the event, they can and will
> draw from across the region for work and support for the event. That, of
> course, leads to the question of which group(s) puts up the money for the
> event, which would obviously call for a vote of the populace. So I'm asking;
> should we try to pull money from various groups (and split up any profits)
> or have a single group pay for the event? I know which one of those choices
> sounds easier, but I'm not sure which, if either, is the better answer.
> Suggestions? Comments?
>
> Pendaran

  I think this would best be handled in the same manner as Kingdom
events are: take bids from all interested parties, then have some person
(Regional Seneschal?) or group select the 'winning' bid from those
presented. This would give us the benefits of using a system we're
familiar with to select the event plan. The general populace need only
be directly concerned with the appointment of the selector(s), and then
start the prep for the event.
  Personally, I'd like to see a panel of representatives, with one
selected from each group in the Region, for this task. The panel could
then consider bids for ALL regional events during their tenure (one or
two years) on the panel. That would let every group have input in the
process, and settle the question of just who decides on event bids in
the future.
  Of course, should we ever become a Principality, the panel could be
dissolved, as it's function would become part of the duties of the
Prince and Princess.

Ld Charles MacKinnon
Bryn Gwlad