SR - Next SR Meeting

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Mon May 3 12:15:18 PDT 1999

I agree that a different event should be chosen for the voting
discussion. Here, according to the unofficial calendar, are the next
several events in the region:
September 17-19 Defender of the Fort - Raven's Fort
October 1-3 Fall Court - Bjornsborg
October 8-10 Warchieftain/ Cavalier of the Bridge - Middleford
October 22-24 Bryn Gwlad Baronial
October 29-31 Tournais d'Amore - Tempio
Any of these sound good to anyone? I feel fairly certain that the
stewards of BG Baronial Faire wouldn't object to a meeting there.

Aethelyan
*******

Okay, I think that Mirrim is right that its probably too short of notice to
discuss voting procedures this weekend. On the other hand, I do think that
waiting until next September at the earliest is a long time to wait just to
discuss how we want to vote on the name. I mean, we're talking about
discussing on a voting method, not even actually voting on a name. Is there
no other way to agree upon a way to vote on things?

How's this for an idea: we've agreed that since not everyone has access to
email, we can't conduct business via email. But I think that its probably a
good bet that each group in the region has at least one member that is
online. How about setting up a few, *very few* virtual meetings here and
there to help things move along at a decent, not break neck but also not
creeping pace? We could set dates and agendas for these virtual meetings,
and make sure that each group has a virtual delegate for the meeting. Each
group could meet prior to the virtual meeting, discuss the agenda and vote
on agenda items. Then each of the delegates could take their group's
decisions to the virtual meeting. Someone - the regional seneschal or
someone appointed by her- would have to chair the virtual meetings and make
sure that things run properly and to take minutes.

Their may be some technical hurdles to over come, but I think that something
like this could work. Like I said, they should be used sparingly so the pace
doesn't get too fast, but they could help to keep the pace from getting
bogged down. What do people think of the idea?

Pendaran, Bryn Gwlad

"There are no problems, only solutions."