SR -Response to Lion's Tale comments

Kevin Varner kvarner at planview.com
Fri May 7 07:09:25 PDT 1999

Greetings All!
	The Lion's Tale is a privately published newsletter. The Lion's
Tale is UNOFFICIAL - just like this list. It is even more unofficial
than most of the unofficial SCA documents which abound the sub-ether.
Mistress Aethelyan and I publish it when we have the opportunity and
something to say. The December to March/April gap was due to life, work,
and waiting for the Heraldic Name Cruncher to do its stuff. Anyone is
welcome to send us articles. We have printed all that we have received.
When an issue is finalized, I send an attachment to Pug who puts it up
on the Southern Region Website. An announcement is made on this list
that a new issue is available. Locally, we have copies made (personal
expense). We receive little or no outside financial support. Thank you
Timo for the contribution you made. Most of that went to the copies of
maps and notes that were distributed at the Shadowlands P-word meeting
last year. Local copies are distributed at Fighter Practice. I
personally handed out over 75 copies 2 weeks ago. More will be available
at the business meeting. Within the Southern Region there are 7 other
branches. Each branch has a point of contact who has volunteered to make
local copies for their branch. To the best of my knowledge, only the new
Canton of Cridhe na Tyr does not have a point of contact and that is my
fault. If a group is unable to download the document from the website,
they have only to contact me and I will send hardcopy. As to courtesy
copies I consider the copy sent to the website to be it. If there is
someone out there who in not on-line and does not attend any SCA
functions where the Lion's Tale may be distributed, then I suggest they
make arrangements with me or Mistress Aethelyan. The previous sentence
may look a little wierd to some, but obviously some others are not being
at the right place at the right time and yet - they appear to know what
the Lion's Tale is and they want a copy.

Duncan MacConacher
Bryn Gwlad
(kvarner at planview.com)

(snipped)
Dia dhuit, Donal here

Michael A Scofield wrote:

> The name list is in the Lion's Tale.
So is this Lion's Tale still being published via email? Way back when
I was Star Principal Herald I was told this was the case, got one
issue, and never got another. Since Sosha has been Southern Regional
Seneschal, or even before when she was Deputy Seneschal for the
region, she has not received one, via email, personal handout, snail
mail, or carrier pigeon. Kind of hard for her to see what's in it
without even a courtesy copy.

(snipped)
> It is that way on the name of a region, principality, local group,
etc.
> (if that name will pass the College of Heralds. And all of the names
so
> far submitted have had the chances of passing assessed and published
in
> the Lion's Tale, as was agreed upon many months ago -- thanks Aelfwyn
and
> Daniel).
True, but there are procedures already set up to give everyone a voice
in that sort of name decision. The comment was meant to indicate that
the discussion of how to vote on how to vote on who got to vote on
what names to vote for was getting a little... no, a LOT involuted.
(snippped)
Donal O Dochartaigh