SR - Comments, remarks and the administrative process

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Fri May 7 07:19:36 PDT 1999

	There was supposedly a big meeting to happen this weekend. The
meeting was to decide which names out of a countless myriad we were
supposed to be voting on.  The who and how many to meet and decide
this for the region was to be discussed as well. (confusing, isn't
it?) I will point out, at this time, that some of the discussions were
getting out of hand and no one had come to the point on-line that most
of the organizational work force (i.e. the branch Seneschals) was
already in place and happy to do the work of finding what the populace
wanted.  No committee needs to be appointed or approved.

>> Slight mistake here: the meeting at Tempio was to discuss the proposed
regional event.
>> There was to be no discussion of voting or names or anything of the like.
I think that
>> the root of that confusion was my failure to change the subject line when
I threw
>> the idea of virtual meetings out for discussion. Sorry 'bout that.

>> As for the fact that no one had pointed out that the seneschals are in
place and ready
>> to do the administrative work, well, this is a new experience for almost
everyone here,
>> and most of us are groping our way in the dark. That combined with, until
yesterday, a
>> near vacuum of input from the seneschals resulted in us stumbling around
asking
>> questions, seeking answers and brain storming.

>> I, for one, am extremely happy to have the seneschals step in and handle
the
>> administrative tasks of this process. after all, that's their job. Duh,
why didn't we
>> think of that.  If that includes deciding when and how a vote takes
place, all the
>> better. Plain  honesty is also appreciated, but one can be blunt without
being
>> discourteous. I don't think that Sosha meant to offend, but neither
>> do I think that suggesting that waiting six months to determine a voting
system equals
>> "panting" for a name.

>> I don't think that there should be a question that the process needs to
be handled by
>> our seneschals. Like I said, these types of things are part of their
jobs.  But I also
>> believe that while Ansteorrans will gladly accept leadership, we don't
appreciate
>> feeling dictated to. Might I suggest that we all try to remember that the
written word
>> is easily misinterpreted. There is no body language or tone of voice to
aid the in
>> communication process. Its easy to come across more harshly than we
intend.
>> We should also do our best to respect all of our friends who participate
in these
>> discussions. After all, many of us have conflicting philosophies, but we
all share a
>> common love of the game or we wouldn't be here.

Pendaran