SR - meeting at Hero of the Temple / Regional Naming

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Sat May 8 23:47:08 PDT 1999

On Sat, 8 May 1999, Donal & Sosha <catsden at texas.net> wrote:
> Duncan and Aehelyan have my congratulations / condolences for doing
> the grunt work of counting the votes and names if they are still
> inclined to do so

Oooh!  Oooh!  Can I help?!

Is there someone in charge of ballot issues?  I'd volunteer for that
committee.  Just for my own curiosity, I'd like an optional survey
question asking whether the person is a paid member of the SCA Inc..
(For a *principality* poll, only members' votes are allowed to count,
but I'd like to allow voting by everyone now.  I suspect that paid
members and non- will not have any significant differences in opinion,
but I'd like to know.)  There may be other survey questions that
others would like.

Was the question of *borders*, or how to determine them, ever settled?
At one time, there was much discussion of a couple of groups just
north maybe wanting in (Waco, maybe?), and maybe a chunk of the west,
or maybe a few groups would like to shift to Coastal?  Perhaps we
should add

    The SCA branch I "play" in the most: ____________.
    I __ do __ do not think it should be part of the southern region.

We could just ask the current Southern Region and leave the issue of
what the boundaries ought to be for the future -- on the grounds that
if there's a future principality (THE P-WORD!  EEEK!) there'd have to
be discussion then and new voting for a name and arms.  However, I
think if a group currently wants to be in on the start of a southern
grouping, they should be asked and cast ballots now.  This might be a
good preliminary step before balloting: go back to groups within and
without and ask if they want in.

Oh, since our Regional Seneschal asked me to generate the list of
names for the ballot, I decided to use only the five-star names:
    1.  Campoleone
The balloting scheme will be Soviet Ballot: you choose "yes" or "no".
If there is a majority of "no", we will go to the second ballot:
    1.  Campoleone

Daniel "you don't leave the table until you finish your broccoli" de Lincolia
--
                   *** NEW HOME E-MAIL ADDRESS ***
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;