SR - Ballot text?

Dory Grace amazing at texas.net
Tue May 25 09:50:39 PDT 1999

My good and noble kinsman Sir Kief wrote:

>Heilsa Daniel my Good and True Brother in Service...!
<snip>
>As with any vote, there will be folk in the region that, for whatever
>reason, will not know hardly a thing about the "naming of the Region" until
>they get the ballot in the mail/at the meeting, etc. If the list is in
>alphabetical order or the choices are marked with stars the tendency is to
>just pick one of the first choices or one with most stars. This will bias
>the choice in favor of those particular offerings.

Well I, for one, think it's about time to forego all the niceties and
launch an all-out gorilla campaign to uncover just *who* is leaning what
way. We can recruit spies who can record private conversations on the
topic, then as a coup we can publish these Bias Tapes in print!!! Then the
un-seam-ly perpetrators can hem and haw all they want, but we'll know them
by the cut of their jib and can needle them all we want. They'll be left
without a thread of self-respect and the knowlege that we don't cotton to
anyone who tries to pull the wool over our eyes. They'll learn not to
knit-pick the perls of our labors, or else be shunt.

Forgive my rant, but I'm somewhat be-weft, and could stay silent no longer.

Aquilanne

Dory Grace***The Inkwell
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/aquilanne

"No matter where you go, there you are."