SR - ballots results

Brent Hanner behanner at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 16 15:27:10 PST 1999

gptaylor wrote:

> Our Seneschal and Landeds were in transition.  Was a one or two-populace meeting
> time frame allowed?

About 1 month and 2 weeks looks to have been allowed.  I would say you
have a
point of conflict only if the seneschall that recieved the ballots was
not the
one who was officially seneschall at the time of your populace durring
that
time span.

> This is even less of a good way to get everyone behind naming the region.  Four
> out of how many groups gave input?   Last time, strange things seemed to go on
> with numbers.  This time, no input from half of the SR groups.

Well 2 of the groups that didn't return votes haven't been especially
vocal about
being for or against anything, and I think 2 groups are still incipient
so its not
particularly suprising they didn't return anything.  The only group that
has
been vocal and didn't return results was Bjorsburg.

> This leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.  Decisions to strictly follow a
> timeframe when inadequate results were in, and responses throwing deadlines in
> the faces of group members who didn't give input for reasons beyond their
> control, are going to really dampen any support that was once present for
> getting this region named.

The first time through was somewhat haphazardish in the way it was done
and
it was given alot of flak over that.  So Sosha said how it was gonna be
most
everyone accepted it.  The only complaints about it were over the wether
to name
the region or not question.  It was decided that the best way to do it
was
through the seneschallate becuase that is kinda the role they play and
that
was where the resposibilty was to lie so people couldn't complain about
the
overall vote.

Another note,  last time around it was complained that Bjorsburg didn't
get
much a chance to vote becuase of the baronial voting.

Peder

--
"It has to be this way," I said, "and truely I shall soon be dead
for here shall I give up my life since I have lost the lovely wife

Service of Ladies by Ulrich von Lichtenstien