SR - ballots results (long!)

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Fri Nov 19 08:09:10 PST 1999

This is problem with communication within the seneschalate.  You cannot infer
group apathy from an inability of seneschals to receive, hand-out, collect, and
send back ballots on a one-populace meeting timeframe.  We the uncounted
populace didn't get our ballots and squirrel them away from our pleading
seneschals, or vote by placing them in the "circular file" so that there was
nothing to return.

In addition, most of the populace had no clue as the the timeframe of this
vote.  I am on this list where we talk about such things and didn't know.  Did
you know?  I had though that a good place to vote for a name would be the SR
festival....and next thing I know, results were posted, indicating that voting
had already taken place.  So...no, as one of the more informed people in the
Barony, I had no clue that I should be presently pursuing something or nagging
my seneschal.  Day to day, the SCA just doesn't take up that much of my
brainpower to be constantly checking on what is occurring with a regional name.
But when injustice occurs, such as a group being left out of voting because they
didn't receive their ballots, I'll raise my voice.

But...enough with this.  The damage has been done.  The "Southern Region" we
shall remain because of a seneschallate communication problem, not because of
the desires of the populace.

Isobel