SR - Proactively Solving the Ballot Problem

Pat Mullins padric at astrosfan.net
Sun Nov 21 22:47:27 PST 1999

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:45:47 -600 "C.L. Ward" <gunnora at bga.com> wrote:
>I have a novel idea.  Instead of worrying about whose fault it might or might
>not be that the ballots for the Southern Region Name Vote didn't get sent in,
>let's do this:
>
>Extend the deadline on the current ballot.  Contact the seneschals of the groups
>that did not respond -- I figured out from the Bjornsborg webpage that Dominic
>does have email, <txourtx at yahoo.com> so I'm cc:ing this note to him -- and let
>them know that they have until Twelfth Night to get their groups polled and
>the results back in.

I have another novel idea. How about we dump the results of this poll, which for whatever reason appear faulty, and schedule a vote to take place at THE SOUTHERN REGIONAL FESTIVAL. Seems like a gathering of all the groups (hopefully) in the Southern Region would be a really good place to have a vote for something with such far-reaching implications as a name. Maybe we could have ballots available at the gate for whoever lists a SR group on the  sign-in sheet, or for paying members only, or for whoever... The ballots could be collected at a specified time TO BE LISTED IN THE _BLACK STAR_ If it is feasible, the votes could then be tabulated (I don't actually know how long it would take to tabulate a preference ballot) and the results announced at court at the Southern Regional Event...

Just trying to help, flame me if you must...
Padric   (v8
   Shadowlands