SR - Priorities

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 19 08:48:04 PST 1999

Salut cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Meadhbh says:
>I guess my question for this is:  IF the seneschals didn't receive the
>ballots, did they contact Sosha to tell her that? If not why?  IF the name
>vote was such an important issue I am sure either of the seneschals would
>have pursued it.

An entirely unfair line of questioning.  As several folks have already
pointed out, Bjornsborg was in the middle of changing out Baron, Baroness,
and seneschale.  In the midst of so much change, I can understand them not
thinking to contact Sosha. No, it doesn't prove they didn't care.

>Plus, IF the populace wanted it so bad, they would have
>pursued it as well. The fault with this doesn't lie with Sosha, but with
>apathy for this vote.

Apathy?  Both you and Donal (who were opponents of this process from the
beginning) have used that term.  I call it nonsense.  Compared to national
voting turnouts, the initial Name ballot run had a pretty good turnout.
Some of the non-voters supported the name concepts, but relied on their
peers to pick an appropriate name.

On the second voting, I expected a lesser turnout.  People just don't like
voting, especially a second time.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace