SR - Regional event proceeds

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Oct 26 15:32:45 PDT 1999

Hmmmm.....

We'd have to have major problems to lose money.  However, at that time, we were
talking about the responsibilities of sponsoring groups.  Although there is a
much greater chance for profit, there's always a chance for problems, and it
should be discussed up front.  For example, at the BJ flood event, our feast was
a bust and we had paid for privys for two days.  Since Bryn Gwlad is fronting
feast, and Ravensfort, privys, it would not be fair for them to take the whole
financial hit in the case of a major
environmental...err...problem...particularly if gate receipts are also
affected.  I wanted the sponsoring groups to know that we'd be expected to throw
in and have everyone absorb some of this type of loss.   It was far more
important than how to split up potential profits, in terms of keeping the peace
between groups.

Isobel