SR - 2nd time around

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Tue Sep 21 15:55:14 PDT 1999

Aethelyan wrote:
(concerning how to express "I don't want to name this region")
> That's what the Write-In candidate spaces were for.

No.  Not until that message did I think that anyone might use write-in
spaces for that concept.  If confronted with it, I wouldn't have known
howto go about counting it -- it's not a normal candidate.

I believe *strongly* that the first-try ballots should *not* be sent
out verbatim for the second round.  I believe that the ballots should
have some way to vote against even the concept of a name.  Making it
some sort of write-in is, indeed, unfair to the idea -- some people
will not get to hear about it, and people will express it in different
ways, and it looks unofficial.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
                    *** NEW PERSONAL ADDRESS ***