SR - Southern Regional Festival

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Sep 28 16:51:53 PDT 1999

September 28, 1999

Greetings from the Stewards of the First Annual Southern Regional
Festival!

Again, we would like to thank the groups who have agreed to sponsor
and/or run activities for this event.  If sponsoring groups have not
contacted the Southern Regional Seneschal, Lady Sosha O'Roarke, (
catsden at texas.net ) to notify her of their intent to sponsor, please do
so as soon as possible.  For those groups that for some reason didn't
get the second letter requesting bids for particular activities
there's
still plenty to do
see below!

The date that we have reserved on the Kingdom Calendar for this event is
March 31 - April 2, 2000.  It has been confirmed that Ravensfort will
host the event on this date at The Stones.

We will be holding a -short- meeting concerning this event at the
upcoming Bryn Gwlad Baronial Faire, at 5:00 PM on Saturday, October 23.

Feast has been awarded to the Barony of Bryn Gwlad.  Mistresses Clarissa
and Meadbh have proposed a cool weather European medieval feast to serve
about 200 people.  It will consist of Herb Cheese and Bread, Chicken in
Bruet (chicken stew), Roast Leg of Lamb or Roast Beef & a sauce
(determined once meat is bought), Mushroom Tarts  (mushroom pie),
Carrots glazed with honey, Pears in Plum Sauce and Excellent Cakes

More Specifics:
Site - Ravensfort
Decorating:  Lady Phoebe St. Michael's
Gate/Reeve:  Ravensfort?
Merchant Coordination:  Agrippina
Party Area:  Ffynnon Gath
Water Bearing
Privy Maintenance:
Security:
Prize Wrangler:
Chirurgeon
Coordinator of Court
Head Table
Coordinator of Children's Activities

Heavy Champions List: Sir Pendaran Glamorgan with Cridhe na Tyr
Southern Regional Warlord List: Baron David St. David
Rapier List - Bjornsborg
A&S List - Bjornsborg
Archery: Middleford - Ld. Talon of Blackoak
Bardic
Equestrian
Knife/Axe/Spear Throw

If any group or individual wishes to volunteer for any of these
positions, please contact HL Isobel!

Artisans!  Please pitch in and create some of your best wares to award
to our Southern Regional Champions.  We will be filling prize baskets
for our winners.

Banners:  Each champion will be given a pass-down Southern Regional
Champions banner to display for the following year.  It will consist of
the Arms of the Southern Regional groups, placed upon a laurel wreath.
More information to follow

Court:  Our SR Landed Nobility have promised that court will focus on
recognizing the individual champions.

For more information contact Isobel
gtaylor at lonestar.utsa.edu
(210) 682-9774