SR - Naming of the Southern Region

Dottie Elliott macdj at flash.net
Thu Sep 16 12:21:11 PDT 1999

>Just to give people a bit of perspective, Bryn Gwlad was over half of
>the ballots turned in. I handed out 53 ballots and more then 40 of them
>returned to me.

That in itself bothers me. If Bryn Gwlad is the only group interested
enough to participate at high levels then I do not think we are ready to
name a region at all.

I think the low participation in the region as a whole shows people are
not interested in naming the region.

After all a name is NOT going to build cohesiveness. Our activities
together as a region is what will make us a group that lives and works
together well.  Perhaps we should try again after we have held more
regional events together and have more experience working together.  If
other areas in the SCA and in Ansteorra can work well together and be
cohesive without any fancy names, we can too.

Clarissa