SR - Tegan's Foreplay

carey mcclure carey at shield.com
Fri Oct 13 01:29:21 PDT 2000

                        Tegan's foreplay, a nice way to make friends.

  I take pen in hand to tell you of the drink only know as Tegans foreplay. This is best done with a little sip of foreplay.

       Tegan is a friend of mind, I took her to her first sca-event some 3-4 yrs ago at the Georgetown Viking feast. There she meet many friends like katriana . Being married to one of my best friends, john also does locksmith work, but now lives in Nevada.

      Tegan has found for herself a home in the SCA and many great friends. Ld. Stephen seneschal of Gatesedge is keeping her busy at TRF currently. This means lots of miles each or nearly every weekend. The vw bug is on its last leg with two wheels and a  carburetor in the junk yard already.

              As Tegan makes friends everywhere she goes so goes the drink named for her:

             Tegan's Foreplay

             Key Connor's way is to serve Foreplay is to fill a small decanter ( the drambuey decanter).  Royals, drummers and dancers drink free. Spectators must blow across the top of the bottle and make the whistle noise, if not then on to the next person and the recipient can practice and wait their next turn to come around. This is a small check and balance for those that drink to much.

  Ingredients:   Bailey Irish Cream
                                            Butter shots , butter scotch liqueur
                                              Vanilla/French Ice Cream
                                                 Irish Creamer
                                                   Milk 2 %

  Direction:

      for 1 gallon stand up type drinking:

           1/2 gallon ice cream, 1 cup butter shoots, 1 med. bottle bailey and blend until it looks like a milk shake. Pour into a 1 gallon water bottle and top off all but 1 inch from top with milk. shake and freeze. remove 1/2 hr before serving, I like mine slightly frozen (like a shake).

for 2 gallons double ingredient do one gallon at a time, but add one more 1/2 gallon ice cream  split between the two gallons.

         For staggering and "foreplay "  levels add 50 % more Irish Cream ,  Don't increase the butter shoot as this will drowned the Irish flavor.

                                  Serve to Friends and Loved Ones

         Dedication: to a new friend that shared Tegans Foreplay with me, MaLady Raven  o'Conner of Tempio who attended her first SCA event last weekend.