SR - Here's the address....

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Mon Oct 2 19:09:45 PDT 2000

and more properly, not a "castle" (that's media hype) ... more a
manor house

> I would like to see the original plans, because I would be much
> more  impressed if they were exactly following the original design.
>  But their endeavor  has nothing to do with the SCA.

let me ask around, some of the subs i know who worked on the project
may still have some of the plan-sets.

a point to remember, castles did not use sheetrock, until disney and
corporate renn-faires came along  .... (grin)

> I have never been a big fan of mad King Ludwig, and though pretty,
> Neuschwanstein is a real waste.  I would much rather build
> something closer to a real castle.  Closer to the correct
> re-creation that I  would like to see.

i like that one, primarily because of it's extreme location ... you
have to admire anyone who would build at that level in such a
inaccessable place (of no real military importance).

always had a negative view of castles from my lineage (used to
suppress my ancestors) and from many war-gaming sessions - walls are
a trap that usually will kill you.  better to maneuver freely.  ergo,
i have zero romantic connection to these usually ugly piles of stones

> A little more tact would be nice, but like the man said, to each
> his own opinion.

surviving remnants of tact were killed off by the scadian world 15-20
years back and never came back.  like so many things, find life is
better without it ... get a lot more postive accomplished (*not*
interested in the political, PC solutions ...).  self was always
trained / taught to speak ones mind, cal a thing a thing, and let the
goddess sort it all out.

discouse is alchemy, and the central tool is the athenor .... what
survives the fire of the furnace is pure - the dross is burned away.

'wolf
... like the tao, the dream that can be told is not the true dream