[Southern] Dancing at Bryn Gwlad's Candlemas (February 6)

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jan 19 22:02:20 PST 2010

People really enjoyed it at Bryn Gwlad's last Candlemas when we danced
during the feast: a remove, dancing, a remove, dancing, ...  We'll do
it again!

You can eat and socialize, then stretch your legs, socialize more, and
make room for the next remove while the cooks are preparing it.

Live musicians will play a number of popular and well-known dances.
Dances will be taught in classes during the day, 10 AM to 4 PM.
(Alas, we lack the time to teach during the feast.)  "Cheat sheet"
booklets will be on tables with reminders of the steps.

These are the planned dance sets.

First remove: Savoury Tosted Cheese

First dance set:
Hole in the Wall
Black Nag
Picking of Sticks

Second remove: Chawettys, Spinach Tart

Second dance set:
Maltese Bransle
Queen's Alman
Heralds in Love
Amoroso

Third remove: Fricassee of chicken, Cariota

Third dance set:
Petit Riens
Lebens Desconus
Black Alman
Whirlygig [according to the customs of Stargate]

I must note that the site has a smooth floor; someone did fall.
Please wear shoes with good traction.

For more information about dancing, courses, and the event, please see
the event Web pages under <http://candlemas2010.swordworks.org/>
Bryn Gwlad's Candlemas will be February 6, in Georgetown, Texas,
just north of Austin.

Daniel "Yay! Dance!" Lindicolinum
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com