[Southern] cut-and-thrust heralds

Coblaith Muimnech Coblaith at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 23 23:48:11 PST 2010

I haven't heard from anybody willing to serve as a field herald for
the cut-and-thrust tournament scheduled to take place between 11:00
a.m. and 3:00 p.m. at Bryn Gwlad's upcoming Candlemas event <http://
candlemas2010.swordworks.org/>.  Time is short.  We really need some
folks to call the bouts and announce the winners.  Please volunteer
if you're able.  If you're willing to help but can't cover the entire
tournament, let me know.  If we need to work the heralds in shifts,
we can.

If you've never heralded a field before, that's no reason not to step
up, especially if you've ever been in a play, sung in public, or
participated in any other activity that required you to make your
voice "big".  You can read an overview of how it works at <http://
www.therotunda.net/heraldry/field-1.html>, and I will be happy to
connect you with someone who can answer any questions you may have.

This would be an especially good opportunity for someone who's
interested in rapier fighting, but who isn't yet authorized, to get
close to the action.

Coblaith Muimnech
event herald, Bryn Gwlad Candlemas A.S. XLIV
<mailto:Coblaith at sbcglobal.net>