[Spit-project] clay-question for pug-request for Gunthar

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 10:54:57 PDT 2007

Ceramics is just a catch all term for clay wares.
  Because stoneware has to fire at such high temps, it wasn't used much at all until late period...hard to get the fire that hot.
  gwyneth

Helen Schultz <meisterin02 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I don't know, Lijsbet. A book I looked at recently of period pottery pieces mentioned most of them as being simple ceramic (unless earthenware means the same thing??), not very many were stoneware. A few said they were early forms of stoneware, though,

~~ Meisterin Katarina Helene