[Spit-project] Blacksmith

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 09:45:05 PDT 2007

>Gunthar, you're willing to may $200 for a $500 plus project. The spit
>set up isn't particularly difficult, but it would be very time
>consuming, and in smithing, as in anything else, time is money.

He refused to give us a price. We based the amount we were
willing to pay based on the fact that he was selling basic spit/tripod
setups for around $60 to the yokels at a Rennfaire.

We told him we would do $200 and see what he could do for that
amount. If I tell a merchant what I want and the merchant refuses
to even give me a ballpark figure, I'll then give a price I'm willing to
pay based on similar work.

Since Pug hasn't replied with info on how much his spit project was or
details on the setup and nobody else has really responded with hard
numbers we had to make a decision. I've explained I'd be willing to
help out, get a group together to contribute to time and materials and
pretty much everything else but nobody has made any decisive decisions
on time, price or materials other than generalities.

So, what more could we do?

Gunthar