[Spit-Project] Some conclusions about open fire cooking

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Aug 17 20:49:39 PDT 2007

Anna Serre commented:

<<<  My name is Anna Serre. My husband is the blacksmith who makes
the portable firepits. I've never tried spinning before but I have
cooked several things on my firepit. It still takes a long time to
cook on the spits. I once cooked a pork roast on the spit in rainy,
windy March weather (in California but still) and I ended up having
to make a temporary heat shield with a cookie sheet. I would think
for ease and speed, something similar to a cast iron dutch oven is
better. >>>

Yep. Of course a whole pork roast is still easier than a whole,
spitted roast pig. :-)

Cooking-Piggy-art  (5K)  9/27/01    A humorous adventure cooking a pig.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/Cooking-Piggy-art.html
whole-pig-msg     (66K)  4/18/05    Info. on roasting a whole pig.
Experiences.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/whole-pig-msg.html

Stefan
--------